The developer does update Ez-Architect periodically. We have not come up with many new feature ideas as we believe the program is very complete and powerful as is.
Here are a few things we’ve come up with:
1. improve text functionality. Have text operate in the more common way:
Select the text tool, drag a box and start typing. If the text gets too big for the box, expand the box automatically instead of forcing the user to expand it.
2. When you select a text box to edit and you click in it, make the cursor land where you click instead of at the beginning of the text.
1. Enable users to re-order the layers.
2. allow users to arrange layers: bring to front/send to back. Example: if you make a plan and then you want to add a layer with floor colors or patterns, it’s not easy to get the carpet beneath the floor (and furniture, if any).
don’t require users to install as admin
1. Add option to keep the aspect ratio so if one dimension changes, the other changes automatically to keep the aspect ratio.
Speak soon if you have an opinion. The above suggestions are pretty minor and wouldn’t likely comprise a major upgrade.
But if you’ve got a feature you’re craving for, you really need to tell us. Our M.O. has always been to listen to our users as we go to new versions. So if you aren’t talking (writing), we can’t give you what you want. The people who use our software a lot are the best experts. So we’ll lend you an ear, if you’re willing to “speak.”